Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hair pampering session



I was invited by Harper Bazaar a couple of weeks ago for Hair Pampering Session at Peek-A-Boo Salon in TTDI. I wanted to blog about it but put off the idea until I'm free. So here I am...

The session start with one of Kerastase representative gave us a presentations on the causes of hair loss, dandruff and other hair problems. Most answer we can get online but at least, in this session, we could ask questions. And after the presentation, we were brought to a room with a machine for hair and scalp inspection. When I got mine inspected, the machine/computer 'hang' twice! Goes to show that even machines couldn't take my 'destroyed' hair... Hehehe..

Anyway, the guy who looked at my scalp and hair suggested that I have very oily scalp, a fact that I've known forever. And apparently, due to this, my hair growth isn't considered normal. Normal hair follicles apparently holds five or more strands of hair and mine, well just about three.. And most of them are weak. Panic?!! You think?

And then he went on inspecting my hair tips. For this, he suggested that I have very dry tips... And chemically damaged, due to constant dyeing and lack of hair treatment. I thought I had to cut my hair really short, thinking that's the only way I could save them... However, he said I could still save them... with frequent treatment... Hmmm... Was it just a 'gimmick' so that I'd buy their products?

And so me & the other ladies had our hair pampered, by having hair spa treatment and gentle massage on the scalp & shoulder. It was so nice that I didn't want it to stop.. Believe me, it was truly pampering!

Oh and, I was told that in order for me to NOT get thinning line on my hair part, I must change my hair parting side often and instead of doing a straight line, I should do a zig zag line... This gives the illusion that I have a lot of hair at the crown... Good tips, I'd say!

I left the salon feeling pampered and with a bag of Kerastase products and vouchers for free! Yeay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin