Tuesday, May 27, 2008

False, Faux, Fake?




Lucy introduced or shall I say taught me about Fake Lashes in May last year. When I saw her wearing them when she came to visit, I was amazed or rather fascinated. I wonder if I could put one too. If yes, that would be the end of my non-existence lashes.

So we went to Shu Uemura's counter somewhere in KL and I bought myself a pair. I must say the first time I put it on, I had quite a headache. Maybe because my lids were adjusting to the increment of weight caused by the super thick lashes.

And then I got hooked. There was not one day went by without me wearing a pair. It has became an obsession... The first month was rather difficult for me to put them on. But then after that, it was total breeze. Now, I only need 5 minutes to put both of them on. Used to take me almost one hour!

I know Shu Uemura's lashes are getting expensive now, that's why sometimes I opted for cheaper versions. Here in Subang, it is very easy to get a good quality fake lashes, those that are normally used by makeup artists. They use synthetic hair but it's soft to touch, not as soft as Shu Uemura/MAC lashes. But strangely, these cheap lashes are more durable than shu uemuras or MACs. Maybe because it's synthetic but really, I don't know why...

Anyway, here's my collection of fake lashes.


I can't help but to let you know that my all-time favorite is Luxe Black by Shu Uemura. The look is soft & natural yet fabulous!
To those of you who'd like to try but don't know how to, you can visit any fake lashes counters and I am sure the sales people will teach you the way. The one in Wisma Merdeka was quite helpful. I post a video tutorial here I got from Youtube just in case:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin