Friday, May 30, 2008

Lip Service... ;)

I am so sure that every woman, even those who don't do makeups, has at least one lip gloss/lip stick/lip balm/lip stain or whatever you want to call it. One thing for sure, all of them serve the same purpose, that is to make our lips looks fuller, therefore sexier... admit it or not.

Lipstick should be worn for longer staying color on the lips and must be applied after the lips have been lined. For truer color on the lip, some people suggested that make up foundation should be applied first. I think that every girl should have at least 3 different colors of lipstick; Pink to go with the cool eye shadow color, red to go dramatic with less eye shadow, and nude to go with heavily made up eyes. Also a lip gloss for days when one wishes to have that natural look; also great on top of lipstick.

There are many lipsticks with different formulas available at the market now. Long staying lip stick might be good for some, but for me the normal ones would do. It's just that I like white linen for my bedding and if I once use a long staying lipstick and the color won't get off even after I washed my face and use makeup remover on it. I ended up with stains on my pillow cases the next day. I don't like re-applying my lipstick a lot of time too but I find that it stays longer if I wet my lips now and then. Stays even longer if I apply lip gloss on top of it. And there are some people who like to use brush to apply their lipstick. Do yourselves a favor, don't use brush on your lipstick, lipstick... It's a wastage and you'd end up with ugly, crooked lipstick.. If you must use brush, get a palette of lip color instead. That's what the lip brush for anyway.

There will be argument on which lipstick is the best there is... People has different opinion and different choice. I love Shu Uemura's lipsticks especially the pink color (not sure what the color no is), Bobbi Brown for the browns, MAC for the nude (Not sure the name but it's from the N collection released earlier this year) and Chanel for the red (very Hollywood Glamor) and for lip gloss, nothing beats Lancome Juicy Tubes. The color and the nice smell that goes with it is irresistible. Don't believe me? Ask my husband!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin