Thursday, May 29, 2008

I spy with my eyes...


I know you have heard this before: "Eyes are like windows to the soul"... Ya, old news..

And I also know that cosmetic contact lenses color your soul, err... your eyes. And somehow it changes the size of your eyes and almost the way you look. Some people wear them to correct their eye sight and at the same time experience with colors. As for me, I use them just to experience the colors. And I admit that I'm guilty of trying every color there is in the market and almost all available brand in Malaysia.

I am sure that the popular ones are either Freshkon or Freshlook. There are no difference if you ask me. Some people thinks that Freshkon lenses are thicker than Freshlook. For me, the difference is only in the color and of course price. Freshkon being the cheaper lot but the price difference won't make impact on your wallet anyway.

I use them to enhance my eyes or at least the way they look when I go out for dinner, party or club. Once, I wore aqua color contact lens for a theme party and at that time I had super black hair, long and straight. People almost scared of me, I thought because I look like a goth girl, except maybe instead of black nail color, I use red, bright red. Needless to say, that was the one and only time I wore that color.

From all the experience I have with colored contact lenses, I learned that not everybody can pull off every color. While brown & green look more natural on my eyes against my skin tone, blue & grey make me look sickly. Don't even imagine me in purple! There's one color that's almost brown but it's lighter and if I'm not mistaken they named it 'Honey'... I look like I'm down with jaundice if I put that on!

But most of the time, I go crazy on my eye shadow and leave my eye color au naturel... Saves me from discomfort and dried up eyes. Especially when going to a club with all the smokes!! It may look sexy at 8pm when you are getting ready, but at 1 pm, people might scream thinking that my eyes are bleeding!

FYI, using contact lenses too often over time can tear your eyes and leads to infection. That's what happened to an aunt, the doctor told her when she went to do Lasik on her eyes, she had been wearing contact lenses everyday for more than 10 years!

Besides, don't you think that too much of fake are... well, just too much..?

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin