Saturday, June 13, 2009

Embroidery..

I am one of the millions unlucky girls who have a set of very sparse eyebrow. It could be due to the fact that when I was seven or eight, I shaved them off using my grandpa's shaver in an attempt to 'shave off any facial hair I could see'. My mom was furious of course, I was never to be left alone in my grandpa's bedroom ever since. I can't proof this, but I have a feeling that was why they never grow back. Because if you see my sisters and brother, you'd be surprised to see how thick their eyebrows are and mine seems like they are too shameful to show themselves!

And that's why I resorted to having eyebrow embroidery done. I had my eyebrow embroidery done for the very first time two years ago. I found out about it way earlier than that, but I was skeptical... I didn't want to end up looking like the 'aunties' who had their eyes and eyebrow tattooed in permanent green ink! And they used to cost a lot more than now.

The first time I had them done was in a spa I always frequented in USJ Taipan, Veqish Spa. Now, they did good job but I wasn't satisfied. It wasn't good enough for me. So, I needed to wait almost 2 years for the color to fade before I can do a new shape & color. This time, I went to Bluunis in Subang Parade.

The process wasn't that much different from the first one I had. They shaped the eyebrow and shaved off the stray hairs. They then colored in the eyebrow using eyebrow pencil. This is the difference; Bluunis showed you the shape first, to see if you're ok with it before they proceed to the embroidering. After you are satisfied with the shape, you will then be taken to a room to start the embroidering process. Contrary to what the beautician may have told you, it is quite painful. To me personally, it felt like having my eyebrow plucked which was painful because I'd always prefer shaving rather than plucking.

I ended up with thicker eyebrow and the wound being fresh, was sore. But Bluunis provided me with a cream to help soothe and speed up the recovery process. The 'excess' will come out slowly and it took almost a week to see the final result.

The cost is just under RM300, but I'd say that it's worth it! Here's photos:

Day 1: Pardon the 'fresh' face, I just had facial and the embroidery done!

Through Day 3/4 : The color has 'shed' a bit... Almost showing the end result!

After Day 6 : Final result and I don't look like one of the Star Trek characters anymore!

7 comments:

carolchs said...

Under 300! thats cheaper than mine. And yours look much2 better. I did in dec last yr..cost me rm500 oh! kunun2 3D embroidery...mcm no difference with the non-3D one. Nah baru 6 mths now, mcm mau faded sdh.

i will come to KL in Oct...nanti show me the place ya :)

queen quirin said...

nice one Mie but I don;t think I can force myself to do it. Kena arum pun mau menangis suda apa lagi ini. OMG I am going to pengsan

Mimi said...

Carol - Ok, I will show the place when you come to KL in October. But I do hope they still keep the price, because apparently it was promotional price.

Q - It's ok juga bah actually, they are not needles just blades. But if you have nice original eyebrow, don't do it la... Nanti pandai addicted. Hehehe

Aunty J said...

It does look unnatural initially but it looks great after day 6! :) and for under RM300 it is worth it ;p I don't think I would need embroidery for my eyebrow but I'm considering (though hubby does not encourage it hehe...)eyelid embroidery...any idea how much it cost and where can I do it in KK or KL? ;p

Mimi said...

Hi Aunty J, the place Bluunis also do eyelid embroidery. I'm not sure how much and I was offered to do it but I'm scared.. hehehe.... There's Bluunis in The Curve. Try ask them!

StefyAnie said...

i did it for the first time last week.. and.. they didnt even tell me anything about the 'excess' kudis like skin or whatever we shall call it... so fuuhh its normal for 'it' i mean skin or color or watever it is to come out.. i tot the tattoo cudnt stand very long on my skin... puurrrr luckily i read ur blog :)~~ mine cost me rm480 wehhh eishhh

Anonymous said...

isk...sia mau cuba tapi guntalou..sigh...my eyebrow pun macam doi... malu malu kucing ni..LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin